The Art market is a semi-circle of high quality artist’s booths accessed from the center of the vendors’ row and bordered at the back by the Cheat River. Members of The Arts Council of Preston County (ACPC) assist Friends of the Cheat (FOC) to help with the juried selection of artists for the Art Market. Work will be juried within a few days after the due dates. Following the jury session, you will receive an email informing you of the outcome. If accepted, you will be emailed a map to the festival site, a list of campground and motel accommodations, plus instructions on registering the day you arrive for set-up and getting your arm bands.
5:30 PM – 10:30 PM, Friday May 5th, 2017 AND 12:00 PM – 11:00 PM, Saturday May 6th, 2017
Informational Documents (Click to download)
2017 ART MARKET REGISTRATION IS Closed
- Fee: $60.00
- Early registration allows for more exposure on our website!
- Please fill out the registration at the link above. If accepted, you will receive an email with payment instructions.
- Late applicants will be considered if space allows, but will not be included in any promotional materials.
Booth assignments will be that which allow the most well-rounded, quality show. Consideration will be given to those who have participated in the past and the order in which we receive your registrations.
Registration must include
- Signed registration & release form (can be submitted online or via snail mail).
- New Artists – at least three images of your work, digital (preferred) or prints. / Returning Artists – only submit new images if necessary.
Rules of Participation
- All work must be designed and executed by the artist.
- Imported or manufactured items, kits, or unauthorized copies of copyrighted images or logos will not be accepted.
- Pre-manufactured jewelry components are permitted only if they are minimal in the overall design of the piece.
- Prints by the exhibiting artist may be sold only in combination with original work.
- Artists are responsible for collecting 6% WV sales tax.
- Your name and images of your work may be used in promotional materials.
- We reserve the right to refuse work that is significantly different than is represented by your photos.
If you have any questions or have special needs, please contact email@example.com, or call Friends of the Cheat at 304-329-3621.
The Art Market is sponsored by Friends of the Cheat