Cheat Fest Volunteers
We couldn’t do it without you!!!
Cheat Fest 2023 Volunteer Sign-Ups are open!
2023 Cheat Fest Volunteer Registration Form
Volunteers are the backbone of Cheat Fest.
We have opportunities for interested volunteers to help out with all aspects of the festival,
from 4-hour festival weekend shifts to lead coordinator positions.
Cheat River Festival Lead Volunteer Positions:
We have openings for Lead Volunteer Coordinators as well as leadership and assistant positions before, during and after the festival. Below are some of the areas where we are looking for committed volunteer help and where you can really impact the festival. Please contact the Festival Director at Cheatfest@Cheat.org to see if one of these positions is a fit good for you.
- Volunteer Cafe (Day of position)
- Merch Sales Saturday PM (Day of position)
- Offsite Parking Leads (Day of position)
Volunteer coordinators help to create many aspects of the festival; from organizing our races to running the volunteer café. Coordinating is a great way to play a deeper role in Cheat Fest and to work behind the scenes with an amazing group of people. Our volunteer coordinators truly make the festival possible.
Free festival admission
Free on-site primitive camping (parking is either on site or in public parking)
Food and drinks at the Saturday backstage Charcuterie spread
Important Safety & Logistical Information – PLEASE READ
- Volunteers should check in at the Back Gate (Friends of the Cheat Campground side) upon arrival. From there you will either be directed to park on the festival grounds or in the Public Parking area, based on space.
- The Back Gate (FOC Campground Side) is open to Volunteers beginning at 8AM on Friday and opens again at 8AM on Saturday. Volunteers who have shifts on Thursday or during the first shift Friday are the only volunteers allowed on site early.
- Volunteers area invited to primitive camp on the festival grounds. You may need to park in public parking and carry your gear to the festival grounds.
- Volunteers who park on the festival grounds cannot move their car until the festival is over. Remember this if you want to paddle and need your vehicle for shuttle. If you’d like to use your vehicle or plan to leave early, you will need to park in the volunteer section of the public parking lot.
- CARPOOL! Vehicles make a huge impact on the site, parking is a major challenge for the festival and presents safety concerns when there are vehicles near the tent area.
- Once you have parked and set up camp, check in at the Info Booth to receive your VIP wristband, volunteer instructions, and to drop off your backstage potluck contribution.
Backstage Volunteer Potluck
Once again on Festival Saturday we’ll be having a volunteer potluck backstage for our volunteers, sponsors & musicians. Please bring a potluck item to contribute to this! Items like cured meats, pickled foods, cheeses, bread, dips, or dipping vehicles are great. Extra points if it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. Also, please bring your own cup if you plan to drink!
If you are unable to attend your volunteer shift, please let the volunteer coordinator know ASAP so that we can re-fill your shift.
If you have any further questions, please email Cheatfest@cheat.org.
Leave a Reply