We are accepting applications from musicians for Cheat Fest 2017.
Interested in playing Cheat Fest 2017?
Friends of the Cheat is now accepting submissions from bands/ performers interested in being a part of Cheat Festival 2017. Now in its 23rd year, Cheat Festival is our largest fundraising event that supports the work of Friends of the Cheat throughout the entire year. We showcase a day full of music along the banks of the Cheat River in a celebration for river lovers, musicians, artists and boaters alike. Our festival primarily features acoustic, traditional, Appalachian, bluegrass, newgrass, and original music. If you are interested in donating your time and talents and being a part of our festival, we ask that you complete the attached form providing some information about your band. Thank you for your interest!
Cheat Fest 2017 will be held Friday, May 5 with music from 5:00pm-10:00pm and Saturday, May 6, with music from noon-11:00 pm. We will be accepting submissions until January 15th, 2017. Primary contact persons should look for an email in early February regarding the band’s status.
Please give these fest details and artist perks a quick read through before expressing interest.
- Bands will play one 55 minute set
- Artists may sell merchandise at the CD booth and retain 100 % of sales
Note that though we do not provide monetary compensation, we offer some great benefits for donating your talents!
- VIP entrance to the festival and one guest pass
- Free on-site camping at the beautiful festival ground along the Cheat River (only available to staff, musicians, and volunteers)
- Access to the hospitality café – free food and beer!
- Publication on our website and social media
- Potential local press and media coverage
- The joy of experiencing the magic of Cheat Fest from on-stage, and the knowledge that you helped a great cause.
For more information about Cheat Fest or about Friends of the Cheat, please explore our website – or drop us a line! You can reach Ellie Bell, the Festival Coordinator, at Cheatfest@Cheat.org or (304)329-3621. We look forward to hearing from you!