The 2022 Cheat River Festival is now accepting musician submissions!
Friends of the Cheat accepts submissions from bands/ performers interested in being a part of The Cheat River Festival from December to February. Primary contact persons should look for an email in February regarding the band’s status. Now in its 28th year, Cheat Festival is our largest fundraising event that supports the work of Friends of the Cheat throughout the entire year. We showcase a day full of music along the banks of the Cheat River in a celebration for river lovers, musicians, artists and boaters alike. Our festival primarily features acoustic, traditional, Appalachian, bluegrass, newgrass, and original music. If you are interested in donating your time and talents and being a part of our festival, we ask that you complete the Interested Musician form providing some information about your band. Thank you for your interest!
Please give these fest details and artist perks a quick read through before expressing interest.
- Bands will play one 55 minute set
- Artists may sell merchandise at the CD booth and retain 100 % of sales
We offer some great benefits for donating your talents!
- Exposure to over 3,000 festival attendees with respect and interest for local music
- VIP entrance to the festival and one guest pass
- Free on-site camping at the beautiful festival ground along the Cheat River (only available to staff, musicians, and volunteers)
- Access to the hospitality café – free food and beer!
- Publication on our website and social media
- Potential local press and media coverage
- The joy of experiencing the magic of Cheat Fest from on-stage, and the knowledge that you helped a great cause.
For more information about Cheat Fest or about Friends of the Cheat, please explore our website or e-mail us at Cheatfest@cheat.org.